Monday, March 5, 2012

MARILYN JAMES

"After many years of working with a realistic approach in traditional oils, pastels, and watercolor, I decided to simplify my painting and tell the story with minimum details, letting the painting take whatever direction it leads me. I work with water-based oils on stretched canvas. Although I paint all different subjects, the strength and character of trees is an inspiration for me, allowing me freedom to express myself with color and texture of paint. After years of plein d'air painting, I now work primarily in my studio. Since my husband worked for IBM, we moved many times allowing me to take workshops and classes in the various places we lived, most notable being the Wooster Art Center in Danbury, CT. The most important method of my learning was to paint, paint, paint! Green Mountain Fine Arts Gallery in Stowe represents my work."


No comments: