Monday, December 10, 2012

CARL NEWTON

"Ray Bradbury once said that, 'Life is trying things to see if they work.' Well, this past year, I'm been trying things. First, I have added a couple of new products to my line of Shaker inspired bentwood items. While I still work mostly with cherry, maple, and walnut, I have also been consciously trying to capture more and more of the unusual wood grain variation found in nature, sometimes with unexpected results. Most recently, I have tried dabbling with the use of marquetry as an added design element for some of my box lids. Boy, time sure does fly when you're having fun! To celebrate what has been a fun year for me, I have decided to reduce all of my items for sale at AIR by 10%, beginning at the reception on December 2nd and extending through the end of the month."

No comments: