Wednesday, April 17, 2013

TOBY FULWILER

"I began my small business Fairfield Farm Bowls in 2008, offering hardwood bowls for sale at AIR. At first, I made mostly functional  bowls turned from Vermont woods and enjoyed it that folks actually purchased my work. In the years since, I have expanded my offerings to include wooden kitchen implements made from leftover hardwood scraps including cheese knives, butter spreaders, pastry scrapers, and toaster tongs, the latest versions of which now include magnets to allow for easy fastening to metal toasters. Looking back, it is clear that all my wooden products are meant to be more functional than decorative --to be used rather than viewed-- which is why I call myself a 'craftsman' rather than an 'artist,' and why I am honored to sell my work in an 'art' gallery."


No comments: