Saturday, January 15, 2011

BECKY WRIGHT

"I have been creating whimsical paper mache sculptures for a few years. It is a fun medium to work in because anything is possible! I start with wire, brown paper, and masking tape, and sculpt the paper into my vision. Sometimes the vision changes as I progress. I cover the sculpture with 3 layers of paper mache, then I'm ready to paint. I love to paint in bright colors and designs similar to the Oaxacan designs of Mexico.
"I also enjoy sewing scarves from patches of rayon cloth that I pick up from a recycling store. Creating art has been a part of my life since I was very young. I enjoy dabbling in a variety of mediums and am always willing to try something new. I have been teaching art in the school setting for 18 years and am currently teaching at Bakersfield Elementary School."



No comments: