Monday, July 4, 2011

PAM VOSS

"My fascination with art began at a very young age. While growing up in Hanover, NH I was priviledged to take art and pottery lessons. I attended the University of Vermont, earning a B.A. with Art as a major. My focus at that time ws solely pottery. In recent years, my creative energies have vacillated among watercolor and acrylic painting, photography, basketry, book-making and most recently, fiber arts. I love the interplay of colors and textures, and the challenges of form and function that this medium brings. The forms of the arts are influenced by my present home environment in Northern Vermont. I have always had a love of nature and realize a deep need for beings amongst the wonders of our Earth. During my recent trip to China, I saw ancient pottery, temples and pagodas. Their features definitely influenced my latest pieces. I wish that those viewing my works will find them whimsical, rustic yet elegant, functional yet decorative."







No comments: