Saturday, September 10, 2011

JAN BROSKY

"Hand-spun wool, silk blends, organic cotton, angora merino and baby alpaca are just a few of the fiber types found in my personal 'candy store' of yarns; formerly referred to as a spare bedroom. I find that today's fibers are much easier to work with on a wooden needle rather than aluminum, steel or plastic. Bamboo is my preference, simply because of the way it feels in my hands. Much like an artist and a favorite paint brush. Just like the yarn, I've lost count of the number of straight, double-pointed, and circular needles of every size stashed in those Rubbermaid tubs and dresser drawers! Knitting is therapeutic for me. It provides instant gratification while at the same time, providing a one-of-a-kind, unique, hand-knit fashion statement for years to come. In addition to the Artist in Residence Gallery, Knit to be Tied scarves may be purchased at The Willow Tree in St. Albans and A Little Something Gift Shop in Shelburne."

No comments: